Sunday 18 December 2016

The peace of wild things

      

                          

    

The peace of wild things


When despair for the world grows in me


and I wake in the night at the least sound


in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,


I go and lie down where the wood drake


rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.


I come into the peace of wild things


who do not tax their lives with forethought


of grief. I come into the presence of still water.


And I feel above me the day-blind stars


waiting with their light. For a time


I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.


Wendell Berry



the last dark days....


before the  Holydays

( Hollidays )


5 comments:

Mo Crow said...

(((Yvette)))|
"May we humans live in such a way that the land for whom we are grateful, will be grateful for our presence, in return."
Robin Wall Kimmerer

Ms. said...

May all beings Find peace,
Live in peace, Make peace,
Share peace, Be peace now.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

forethought of grief...

i am thinking of this... forethought of grief.....

Liz A said...

Bidding you peace as the light increases ...

handstories said...

Wishing you days of light and nights filled with stars and happy dreams.